My meals

My name is … .I study at the university. As I am a student, I do not have much time for my meals. Usually I have two or three meals a day. I often go to bed late at night and then I do not have enough time for breakfast in the morning. Some of my group mates do not have breakfast at all. I prefer not to eat a lot in the morning. I drink tea or strong coffee and eat sandwiches with butter and cheese, or strawberry jam. However, at the weekend I like to get up late and have a good breakfast of scrambled eggs, or porridge, or something like that.
At about 12 o’clock I have lunch. There is a canteen at the university and a lot of students and teachers have their lunch there. Here everyone may find something to their taste. I usually take chicken soup, sausages with mashed potatoes, and biscuits with tea. It is usually loud in the canteen at lunch time. Students discuss their student life here and make plans for the evening.
Most of all I enjoy my evening meal at home. My mother is a wonderful cook and her dishes always taste delicious. To begin with, we usually have some salad - tomato and cucumber salad or mixed salad. For the first course we have some soup — noodle, mushroom or cabbage soup, or some fish soup for a change. For the main course we have meat, chicken or fish dishes, for example, a well-done steak or fried fish with rice or potatoes (boiled or fried). We also have a lot of vegetables — green peas, carrots, aubergines, cauliflower. I prefer meat to fish. My favourite kind of meat is veal. However, I don’t mind having some salmon kebab when we go for a picnic in the country. For dessert we have some fruit like pears, peaches or apricots, it depends on the season. Also, we can have freshly-squeezed fruit juice or just a cup of tea with a slice of cake.
On Sundays we sometimes go to a fast-food restaurant. I like everything there: cheeseburgers, hamburgers with fries, apple pies and fizzy drinks. But we don’t go there very often, because it's not very healthy to eat fast food. You may easily put on weight as it’s high-calorie food.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения