Company and job

 I. Focus on vocabulary

Part A: Match the vocabulary to the definitions.

1. administrative (adj.) 
2. freelance (adj.)
3. oversee (v)
4. managerial (adj.)
5. part-time (adj.)
6. permanent (adj.)
7. promotion (n)
8. report to (phr. v)
9. supervise (v)

 a. organising the work and paperwork of a company 
b. organise and watch other people to make sure tasks are being completed
 c. to show who is your direct manager
d. a move to a job with greater responsibilities and usually more pay
e. be in charge of a group of people or an activity
f. working for only part of a day or fewer than five days per week.
g. lasting for a long time
h. connected with organising a group of people to work 
i. working independently and selling services to companies

Part B: Now write the vocabulary from Part A in the correct gaps in the following sentences. You may have to change the form of the word.

1. I’m currently ... a project we’re doing in India to improve access to clean water.
2. They’ve offered me an ... position where I will be organising meetings and
appointments for the Head of Sales.
3. I hear she’s leaving the company and going to work as a ... designer so that she can
do more of the type of work that he enjoys.
4. In my position as the Head of Marketing, I ... the CEO. We have a regular meeting
every Friday morning.
5. I’m going to move closer to the office because they’ve offered me a ... position as a
developer so I’ll be commuting five days a week.
6. He’s asked to change to a ... role because he wants to spend more time with his
children.
7. As an Editorial Manager, I have to ... the new editors to make sure they are very
careful with their work.
8. I’ve been working here for about five years now, so I’m applying for a ... position as I want to have more responsibility and a better salary.

Комментарии

  1. Part B
    1. - 3 I’m currently overseeing a project we’re doing in India to improve access to clean water.
    2. - 1 They’ve offered me an administrative position where I will be organising meetings and
    appointments for the Head of Sales.
    3. - 6 I hear she’s leaving the company and going to work as a permanent designer so that she can
    do more of the type of work that he enjoys.
    4. - 8 In my position as the Head of Marketing, I report to the CEO. We have a regular meeting
    every Friday morning.
    5. - 7 I’m going to move closer to the office because they’ve offered me a promotion position as a
    developer so I’ll be commuting five days a week.
    6. - 5 He’s asked to change to a part-time role because he wants to spend more time with his
    children.
    7. - 9 As an Editorial Manager, I have to supervise the new editors to make sure they are very
    careful with their work.
    8. - 4 I’ve been working here for about five years now, so I’m applying for a managerial position as I want to have more responsibility and a better salary.

    ОтветитьУдалить

Отправить комментарий

Популярные сообщения