My Home.

My name's Patya and my family live in Makhachkala, the capital of Daghestan. It's in the south of Russia. We live in a flat in the town centre. It's a good area, but very busy and noisy. I'd like to live in the suburbs. The flat is on the top floor and on a clear day you can see the Caspian sea.
There are three rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a hall in our flat. It is very nice and tidy. 
The living-room is the largest and most comfortable room in the flat. We don't like too much furniture at home, so there are two cosy armchairs, a sofa, a coffee-table and a very soft carpet on the floor. The sofa is on the right of the door. The cofee-table with the armchairs round it is in front of the sofa. Between two large windows there's a TV on the wall. We've got a big beautiful plant on the shelf below the TV. It's very hot in summer in Makhachkala so there's air-conditioning in the living-room because we receive guests in this room. The living-room is very light,  but when it gets dark we turn on the light and draw the curtains. It is my favourite room as I'm fond of watching TV.
The bedroom is smaller than the living-room. There's a big bed between two bedside tables. Opposite the bed you can see a chest of drawers with a mirror over it. In the left-hand corner we've got a wardrobe to hang the clothes out. 
The third room is a study. I share it with my sister. There's only the most neccessary furniture in it. It's got a desk and an armchair next to it. There are shelves full of books in the right-hand corner. Near it you can see a sofa with some cushions. 
But the most popular and favourite place with all of us is the kitchen. We use it as a place where we can gather every evening and talk about our problems and life. There's a table, a cupboard, a sink, a fridge, a microwave and a cooker.
Probably my flat isn't ideal to someone's mind. But for me it's the best place to relax and meet my family. They say "East or West, home is best". My parents are very hospitable and we keep our house open for friends and relatives.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения